The EAS Conference Grant provides financial support to encourage eligible doctoral students to actively present their research at an academic conference during the later stages* of their graduate studies. This grant aims to provide successful applicants with funds to cover at least the minimum registration fee for the proposed conference. Depending on availability of funds and lifting of travel restrictions**, in-person presentations that require travel may receive top-ups based on the location of the conference; virtual presentations will be eligible for the registration fee portion only.
*If you are presenting at a conference in the early stages of your program, please explore the SGS Conference Grant.
**The EAS Conference Grant follows the same Safety Abroad guidelines as the SGS Conference Grant.
Applications are due by December 1 of each year. Late applications may be accepted, depending on availability of funds. Eligible conferences should have been between May 1 of the year of application through April 30 of the following calendar year. Please note that this grant is NOT for research trips. Please submit one application per conference.
In your application, please state the following items in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “EAS Graduate Conference Grant.”
- Full name
- Student number
- Year in the program (e.g. 1st year, 2nd year...)
- Title of the conference
- Name of the conference sponsoring organization
- Virtual or in-person
- Estimated number of the attendees
- Title of the paper you are presenting (if you are a discussant or panel chair, state your function)
- Status of your conference application (e.g. accepted, invited, acceptance pending and expected as of which date)
- Have you received the EAS Conference Grant in previous years? If yes, please state which year(s) and amount(s)
- Do you have other financial support already secured for this conference? If so, what kind of support and for how much?
- Are you eligible to apply for other types of support for this conference? If yes, what funding opportunities are available to you (please indicate their deadlines)?
Fill out if attending "in-person":
- Budget plan (e.g. registration, airfare, ground transportation, accommodation, other pertinent expenses)