The Department of East Asian Studies is pleased to announce the inaugural Department Graduate Excellence Awards.
The Graduate Excellence Awards are designed to recognise outstanding achievements among our graduate cohort, highlighting students who have offered an impactful contribution to the department and demonstrated academic excellence.
Selected students will receive a citation for their contributions and a financial award.
Faculty members were invited to nominate graduate students based on their merits in three categories:
- Teaching Excellence
- Departmental Service
- Academic Achievement
The department is pleased to announce the winners in each category are:
EAS Teaching Excellence Award
- Siyun Pan, MA Candidate, for demonstrating a proactive and community-forward spirit.
- Yiran Wei, PhD Candidate, for stellar contributions to the Chinese language program.
EAS Departmental Service Award
- Brenton Buchanan, PhD Candidate, for his organisation of the weekly graduate coffee hour.
- Rose Liu, PhD Student, for her invaluable contributions to EASGSU.
EAS Academic Achievement Award
- Sabrina Chung, PhD Candidate, for recently publishing a brilliant paper and being an active part of campus life.
- MengRan Xu, PhD Candidate, for demonstrating progress in an immensely fruitful year and co-curating a successful speaker series.
- Qieyi Liu, PhD Candidate, for her active involvement in the larger academic world and co-curating a successful speaker series.
Congratulations to all our award winners! Thank you for your valued contributions to our department.