The East Asian Studies department has a strong and dynamic language program. We offer courses in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. In addition, students participate in speech contests. U of T students are highly successful in such contests. For students who take a certain number of language credits, a Language Citation (a notation on your transcript) is available. Students who wish to take language courses in a certain language should read the instructions on the language pages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean). EAS Majors and Specialists should read: Fulfilling the Language Requirement. A language exchange program sponsored by the Centre for International Experience is also available for students who wish to practice their language skills with a native-speaker.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- EASGSU Presents Area Studies, Capital, and the Anthropological Difference
- Jackman Humanities Institute Presents Savage States: Settler Governance in an Age of Sorrow
- EAS Speaker Series: Mobility and Borders between Russia and Asia: Claiming Korean Migrants in the Late Nineteenth Century by Dr. Alyssa Park
- Munk School Presents How ‘North Korea Factors’ Shaping Japan-South Korea Relations
- EAS308 Students Reveal the Wonder of Maps!