The East Asian Studies department has a strong and dynamic language program. We offer courses in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. In addition, students participate in speech contests. U of T students are highly successful in such contests. For students who take a certain number of language credits, a Language Citation (a notation on your transcript) is available. Students who wish to take language courses in a certain language should read the instructions on the language pages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean). EAS Majors and Specialists should read: Fulfilling the Language Requirement. A language exchange program sponsored by the Centre for International Experience is also available for students who wish to practice their language skills with a native-speaker.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Fall Campus Day: EAS Department Attracts Attention from Prospective Students
- International Conference: Multiculturality and Indigenous Cultural Writings in Taiwan
- Study in Japan Information Session
- EAS Speaker Series: Eclipsed Cinema, the Film Culture of Colonial Korea by Dr. Dong Hoon Kim
- East Asian Speakers Series: Lyric Poetry in the Era of Digital Labor by Dr. Zhange Ni