Department of East Asian Studies
Office Location: Robarts Library 14087 (14th Floor)
Office Phone: 416-946-7217
Yurou Zhong received her PhD from the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures and Institute for Comparative Literature and Society, Columbia University. Her research interests include modern Chinese literature and culture, writing systems and literacy, intersections between technology and writing, history of linguistic thought, and media theory. Her first book, Chinese Grammatology: Script Revolution and Literary Modernity, 1916–1958, was published with Columbia University Press in November 2019.
- Ph.D., East Asian Languages & Cultures, Columbia University
- M.A., East Asian Languages & Cultures, Columbia University
- B.A., Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies, Tsinghua University
- Modern Chinese Literature
- Soundscapes and Modern China
- Chinese Cultural Studies Seminar: May 4th
- Writing as Technology
Professor Zhong’s headshot is courtesy of Lisa Sakulensky.