Students who need writing support are encouraged to make use of the writing centres at U of T in the college where they are registered. To make an appointment, visit the writing centre home page in your college/faulty or visit the common online booking system at common login page.
Writing at the University of Toronto provides an array of services, workshops and resources for all academic writing needs. Please see a list below:
- More than 60 advice files on all aspects of academic writing are available. A complete list of printable PDF versions is also listed. Articles such as “How Not to Plagiarize” and other advice on documentation format and methods of integrating sources are listed in the section “Using Sources.”
- For information about the English Language Learning program (ELL), please visit their website. The program offers the following activities:
1. The Communication Cafe, which meets weekly at various locations throughout each term, offers practice with oral skills like class discussion and presentations
2. Reading eWriting is an online program that helps students engage course readings more effectively. For more information, please contact the ELL Coordinator Leora Freedman at email@example.com
- The Writing Plus workshop series is a campus-wide series of academic skills workshops offered to the University’s entire student body.