- “The Epicenter of Capitalist Crisis: Towards a Revolutionary Common Sense.” Intersections speaker series, Department of Geography, University of Toronto, October 18, 2019.
- McGill Critical Theory Workshop, Montreal, QC, Oct. 11, 2017.
- University of Virginia, Dept. of History. “Uno Kozo’s Theory of Crisis and the Writing of History.” April 13, 2012.
- Columbia University, Weatherhead Institute, March 22, 2012. “Deprovincializing Marxism: The Japanese Experience.” Talk title: “Uno Kozo’s Theory of Crisis and the Writing of History.”
- Duke University, Japan Studies group. “For the Indispensably Disposable: Crisis, biopolitics, and the rhythmanalysis of everyday life.” February 1, 2011.
- Cornell University, Department of East Asian Studies. “The Endless Staircase: The genjo bunseki of The Proletarian Gamble and beyond.” Nov. 4, 2010.
- “The Significance of Marx’s critique of political economy in light of Foucault’s analysis of biopolitics.” Xiantan University, Institute for the Thought of Mao Tse-Tung, May 23, 2010.
- “The Proletarian Gamble: Korean day workers in interwar Japan.” Korean Studies of Migration and Ethnic Studies, May 15, 2010.
- “The Proletarian Gamble: Korean day workers in interwar Japan.” Chung Ang University, Cultural Studies Seminar, May 13, 2010.
- “The Proletarian Gamble: Korean day workers in interwar Japan.” Yonsei University, Graduate School of International Studies, May 12, 2010.
- “Biopolitics and the Aleatory Event(s) of Capitalism.” Yonsei University, Underwood College, May 6, 2010.
- “The Proletarian Gamble: Korean day workers in interwar Japan.” Seoul National University, Institute of Japan Studies, May 4, 2010.
- Discussant. “Peace and civilization conference.” Academy of Korean Studies Conference, December 12-13, 2009.
- “History of the Now: The Work of Harry Harootunian.” Columbia University, Dec. 1, 2017. Papers Presented: “History and Crisis” and “Three Voices of Lenin.”
- Historical Materialism (New York), April 11-15, 2017. Paper Presented: "On the Cyclicality of Nationalism, Racism, and Crisis."
- AAS (Toronto), March 2017. Panel: What’s Left of Identity: Primitive Accumulation and Transitions to Capitalism in the Japanese Empire. Paper Presented: "On the Commodification of (Korean) Labor Power in the Japanese Empire."
- “REvolutionary Time” Symposium. U of T Graduate student organized symposium, March 2017. Paper Presented: "On Revolutionary Time in the thought of Uno Kozo."
- International Symposium on the Thought of Karatani Kojin, Duke University, Center for Critical Theory, March 12-14, 2015. Paper Presented: “Towards a secular critique of capital: Uno Kozo on crisis.”
- Historical Materialism Annual Conference, SOAS, London, UK, November 13-16, 2013. Paper Presented: “On the concept of the cause of crisis in the work of Uno Kozo.”
- Duke University and University of North Carolina Conference, “Crisis of Everyday Life/ Everyday life of Crisis,” April 11-12, 2013. Paper Presented: “Electric Emperor: Sound Recording, Capitalism, and the Reinventions of Feudality.”
- Participant. Historical Materialism Annual Conference: “Crisis and Critique”, SOAS, London, UK. Panel title: Althusser and aleatory materialism II. Paper Presented: “The necessity of crisis and aleatory materialism: an encounter between Althusser and Uno Kozo”, Nov. 10-14, 2010.
Keynote Speaker Appearances
- UCLA Japan Studies Graduate Student Conference, “Critical Frameworks of Transmission in Japan and East Asia.” Paper Presented: “Electric Emperor: Sound Recording, Capitalism, and the Reinventions of Feudality.” October 26, 2013.
- Polemics IN Practice: On the (Ir)reconcilability between Marxism and Poststructuralism, graduate conference sponsored by OISE, University of Toronto, March 21.