The EAS Specialist consists of ten full course equivalents, including three core courses and a language requirement (third-year proficiency). Students in the program can check their progress on Degree Explorer. If you have any questions about your program record on Degree Explorer or your program progress, please contact Natasja VanderBerg at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This program has unlimited enrolment and no specific admission requirements. All students who have completed at least 4.0 courses are eligible to enrol.
Completion of the program requires 10.0 FCEs, meeting the following requirements:
1. EAS103H1 and EAS105H1, normally taken in the first year;
2. EAS209H1, normally taken in the second year;
3. At least third-year proficiency in Chinese, Korean or Japanese, either by completing an appropriate language course (e.g., EAS300Y1/EAS310Y1/EAS320Y1 or a 400-level language course) or by demonstrating the required proficiency in the initial placement. Students without sufficient background may need to start in a lower-level language course, normally in their first year. Students whose placement assessment exempts them from the requirement must substitute Society-Culture courses;
4. A minimum of 5.0 Society-Culture FCEs, with at least 4.0 FCEs at the 300-level or above, of which at least 1.0 FCE must be at the 400 level;
5. Additional EAS courses to a total of 10.0 FCEs; and
6. 2.0 FCEs may be courses on East Asia taught by other departments.