The EAS Major consists of seven full course equivalents, including three core courses and a language requirement (second-year proficiency). Students in the program can check their progress on Degree Explorer. If you have any questions about your program record on Degree Explorer or your program progress, please contact Natasja VanderBerg at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can also use this checklist:
Major Program Checklist
This program has unlimited enrolment and no specific admission requirements. All students who have completed at least 4.0 courses are eligible to enrol.
Completion of the program requires 7.0 FCEs, meeting the following requirements:
1. EAS103H1 and EAS105H1, normally taken in the first year;
2. EAS209H1, normally taken in the second year;
3. At least second-year proficiency in Chinese, Korean, or Japanese, either by completing an appropriate language course (e.g., EAS200Y1/EAS210Y1/EAS220Y1 or a higher level language course) or by demonstrating the required proficiency in the initial placement. Students without sufficient background may need to start in a lower-level language course, normally in their first year. Students whose placement assessment exempts them from the requirement must substitute Society-Culture courses;
4. A minimum of 2.0 FCEs in 300/400-series Society-Culture courses, with at least 0.5 FCE at the 400 level;
5. Additional EAS courses to a total of 7.0 FCEs; and
6. 1.0 FCE may be non-EAS courses on East Asia.