Hsiao-wei Wang Rupprecht (Ph.D., University of Wisconsin)
Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
Chinese Language Program Coordinator
Department of East Asian Studies
Office Phone: 416-946-5101
Office Location: Robarts Library #14213 (14th Floor)
I have taught Chinese language and literature in North America, Germany, China and Taiwan for more than twenty years. I am interested in the following topics: bringing contemporary Chinese fiction and film into the Chinese language classroom; technology in Chinese language instruction and learning; modern Chinese literature. Currently, I am working on an advanced reader of Chinese argumentative essays.
- MA and PhD, Dept. of East Asian Languages and Literature, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- M.A., School of Library and Information Studies, University of Iowa
- B.A. Dept. of Asian Languages and Literature, University of Iowa
- Language through Literature: An Advanced Reader of Contemporary Chinese Short-short Stories. Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2010.
- Departure and Return: Chang Hen-shui and the Chinese Narrative Tradition. Hong Kong: Joint Publishing Company, 1988.
- EAS100Y Modern Standard Chinese I
- EAS101Y Modern Standard Chinese I for Students with Prior Background
- EAS200Y Modern Standard Chinese II
- EAS400Y Modern Standard Chinese IV