The East Asian Studies department has a strong and dynamic language program. We offer courses in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. In addition, students participate in speech contests. U of T students are highly successful in such contests. For students who take a certain number of language credits, a Language Citation (a notation on your transcript) is available. Students who wish to take language courses in a certain language should read the instructions on the language pages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean). EAS Majors and Specialists should read: Fulfilling the Language Requirement. A language exchange program sponsored by the Centre for International Experience is also available for students who wish to practice their language skills with a native-speaker.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- CIE Information Session: Akita International University
- U of T hosting the American Association of Teachers of Korean Annual Conference in June
- Professor Yoneyama awarded Best Book in Humanities and Cultural Studies by the Association of Asian American Studies for Cold War Ruins
- Special Talk: Security Cooperation in East Asia, Japan, South Korea, and the United States
- EASGSU Presents Area Studies, Capital, and the Anthropological Difference