The East Asian Studies department has a strong and dynamic language program. We offer courses in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. In addition, students participate in speech contests. U of T students are highly successful in such contests. For students who take a certain number of language credits, a Language Citation (a notation on your transcript) is available. Students who wish to take language courses in a certain language should read the instructions on the language pages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean). EAS Majors and Specialists should read: Fulfilling the Language Requirement. A language exchange program sponsored by the Centre for International Experience is also available for students who wish to practice their language skills with a native-speaker.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- EAS Speaker Series: Full List of Speakers
- 4th Annual “Shimotsuki-sai”: November Festival
- Visiting Lecture: Whither Chinese Political Philosophy? The Role of Mainland New Confucianism
- Nation, Regions, Culture, Cuisine: What is Chinese Food?
- STEP Forward: (Re)-Orientation Event for those who have recently declared EAS as their Program of Study!