In a time of globalization, a degree in East Asian Studies can be an excellent springboard from which to launch a career in fields where bilingualism, critical analytic skills, and in-depth knowledge of the socio-historical and cultural contexts of East Asian texts and ideas are essential. Our Major and Specialist programs thus build the foundation for careers in teaching and research, international business and law, foreign service, and cultural institutions.
What are my direct career options?
- Foreign service officer
- Immigration officer
- International relations consultant
- Bilingual customer support
- Cultural events coordinator
- Cultural program director
What are my alternative career options?
- International banking officer
- International marketing specialist
- Import or export specialist
Where have previous graduates worked?
Arts, culture and entertainment
• Canadian National Exhibition
• Ontario Place
Financial, insurance and real estate
• Bank of China
• Royal LePage Canada
• University of Toronto
• Toronto Catholic District School Board
• Toronto District School Board
• Rogers Communications Inc.
Travel, tourism, and accommodation
• Air Canada
• Art Gallery of Ontario
• Flight Centre Canada
• Royal Ontario Museum
• Toronto Pearson Airport
• The Consulate General of The People’s Republic of China in Canada
• Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada